At Dental Care South, it’s our goal to use our high-quality dental treatments to give all of our patients in and around Tuscaloosa, AL as healthy of a smile as possible. One of the first things that comes to mind when a person thinks about a healthy smile is a set of bright, white teeth. Unfortunately, our teeth will begin to fade and discolor over time as we age, usually because of the foods that we eat. However, as your trusted Tuscaloosa dentist, we’re able to use our Zoom Whitening procedure to reverse this process and help you get your smile back to being as bright and white as ever.
What Is Zoom Whitening?
Zoom Whitening is our professional whitening system that we provide in office. It uses a combination of gel and light in order to make your teeth whiter. The first thing we’ll do is apply a whitening gel to your teeth. After that, we’ll activate a special Zoom lamp to activate the hydrogen peroxide in the gel. After the lamp has been activated, the hydrogen peroxide will then penetrate the porous surface of your tooth enamel, helping to reach any deep stains and remove discoloration. This is a process that will only take about 45 minutes. After the procedure is completed, you’ll have a smile that can get up to eight shades whiter.
Why This Is Preferable to Store-Bought Whitening Kits
Getting teeth whitening at our Tuscaloosa office can be preferable to using store-bought whitening kits for the following reasons:
- The peroxide level is higher for in-office whitening treatments than it is in store-bought whitening trays. Peroxide is the bleaching agent that whitens your teeth. The level of peroxide is usually anywhere from five to ten times higher in teeth whitening products at a dentist’s office.
- Store-bought whitening trays generally come in ‘one size fits all’ trays. These can be uncomfortable for you if your mouth isn’t that specific size.
- Store-bought whitening products don’t offer protection to your gums, which can cause sensitivity problems.
- Most importantly, your dentist is a trained expert when it comes to applying whitening treatment. You’ll have to figure things out on your own when you purchase a whitening kit, but when you come visit your Tuscaloosa dentist, you’ll be guaranteed that the whitening procedure will be applied to its maximum effectiveness.
The Benefits of our Tuscaloosa Teeth Whitening Procedure
Some of the added benefits of getting your teeth whitened can include the following:
- Your smile will look more attractive.
- You’ll be able to portray a more youthful image.
- You won’t have to be afraid to smile or laugh for fear of showing your teeth.
- It can give you more confidence.
Contact Your Tuscaloosa Dentist Today!
If you have any further questions about our Tuscaloosa teeth whitening treatment, we encourage you to contact us. If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment, you can give us a call at (205) 752-1929 or fill out our online appointment request form. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and treating you to a brighter and whiter smile!