Here at Dental Care South, we do more than your semi-annual dental checkup. While we love seeing our patients for their professional hygiene visits, we also love giving patients smile makeovers. Your Tuscaloosa dentist, Dr. Skalnik, specializes in a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures, including dental implants, crowns, bridges, and veneers. While these procedures are all quite different, they have one thing in common: they leave patients with smiles that they will be proud of, creating a more confident you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are an ultra-thin, custom-made porcelain shell that is put on the front surface of teeth. They are cosmetic in nature, meaning that they will improve the appearance of your smile. Dental veneers are carefully made specifically for you, and are later bonded to the front of the teeth.
There are a number of reasons as to why someone may want veneers, including:
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Worn down enamel
- Uneven, misaligned, or poorly shaped teeth
- Uneven spacing in teeth
Dr. Skalnik will assess your individual situation and will make a recommendation based on what he sees fit.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are an advanced procedure that many can stand to benefit from. Some of the best advantages of veneers are:
- Veneers look just like natural teeth – they are natural in color, shape, and size
- Surrounding gums are unlikely to be irritated by veneers, making this process absolutely bearable
- Veneers are stain resistant – while you should still brush and floss your teeth, they are less likely to brown or get stained by food or beverages
- Veneers are entirely customized for you – if you’d like white and bright veneers, Dr. Skalnik can make that happen
Find Out If Veneers Are Right For You
Contact us to request an appointment and find out if veneers are the right fit for you. Dr. Skalnik, your Tuscaloosa dentist, will carefully evaluate the current state of your smile and make a recommendation based on affordability, appearance, and functionality.